Monday, January 26, 2009

"Dancer"

So I figured I'd write another post since the last one was at Christmas. So I don't have anything new really, so... I'll just publish this poem I wrote. It's called "Dancer" we had to do it in school, and the form was copied after a poem called "Jabberwocky". Anyway, here it is. :D

DANCER
by Danielle Seegrist

'Twas the day before the recital
the ballerinas sashed and leapt,
all dizzy were the dancers
and the ribbons were all in a heap.


Beware the pique at measure eight!"
The toes that point the arms that reach!
"Beware the switch -kick, the c-curve and chaine!
The recital only hours away!


So He took the ballerina in his arms,
reached long and high into the air.
He tossed her lightly
and gracefully did she spin!

In fifth position he froze and paused 'til measure eight.
Then down came the dancer;
with arms in a curve.


Five! Six! Seven! Eight!
And though and through they danced.
They practiced and practiced,
until they had it down.


"And have you perfected your attitude leap?"
Asked teacher just two hours before the recital.
"Yes." replied the dancers prepared and ready for that night.


'Twas the night of the recital;
the ballerinas sashed and leapt.
All ready were the dancers
as they paused for measure eight.



2 comments:

Dione said...

That's beautiful Dani! And so is your dancing!

Nicole Marsh said...

That is a really cute poem! You are really talented.